Full or part-time roles
Digital media salesperson to help build out our mission-based media properties (Added October 2020)
Lioness for the Female Entrepreneur is an online publisher of news, trends and insights on female entrepreneurship around the globe. We’re seeking an entrepreneurial, sales -driven, business development executive to help us grow Lioness. In this role you will represent Lioness (and potentially some of our other brands) to agencies and relevant brands. You will work hand in hand with our marketing and content team to pitch integrated programs.
- Hit your quarterly revenue target goals
- Develop a robust local sales pipeline that meets and fulfills the revenue and margin targets
- Establish a deep understanding of our products
- Help us produce strategic solutions based on client briefs, and put together proposal responses
- Serve as liaison between clients and editorial to build comprehensive special programs
- 3-5 years’ experience in digital sales role
- Be able to identify top advertisers in our space and understand how to develop sales packages and solutions for these advertisers.
- Possess strong client management skills and be able to position Lioness effectively in the marketplace.
- Digital sales product knowledge: understand key digital ad performance metrics and products, CPM, retargeting, behavioral targeting, non-display products (content marketing, video, sponsorship), and client performance reporting requirements.
- Be able to work with our operations team to develop client reporting functions and performance metrics.
- Experience in selling branded content is a plus.
- Traditional client management and sales skill apply.
- Ability to collaborate with product and content teams: will need to work closely with the content and product team in the development of client-facing solutions, establish relationships with marketers and agencies and key contacts in the industry, and have a deep interest in mission-oriented media.
Lioness is part of the Innovation Women network. Our goal is to turn this network into a media powerhouse dedicated to empowering women through visibility. Bonus skills:
- Syndicated content
- Strategic alliances and partnering
- Media operations
Carlton PR & Marketing and its sister companies, MIN (Mass Innovation Nights), Innovation Women and Lioness Magazine, frequently look for enthusiastic interns to join our team at our offices in the Boston suburb of Lexington, MA.
Students or recent grads work with all of our organizations (Carlton PR & Marketing, Mass Innovation Nights, Innovation Women and Lioness Magazine) under the umbrella of Carlton PR & Marketing. They help with our websites, e-newsletters, PR, online marketing programs, social media, virtual events and shows. Interns are very hands-on, working closely with our small team. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor with several exciting organizations AND insert yourself into the local innovation-oriented ecosystem. Typical day-to-day activities include: various projects associated with marketing; assistance with marketing and PR copy and activities; research; social media marketing; events marketing & management; e-newsletter and e-mail compilation, creation and distribution; creation/updating of web pages and web content; “day of” event assistance and setup; proofreading and more.
What does a stellar intern look like? Enthusiasm is mandatory. Interest in learning about integrated marketing is vital. Excellent writers are preferred, as is experience using various social media tools. Writing samples are expected. Hours required vary based on projects but best would be at least 20 hours weekly. Majors preferred: Marketing, Communications, Business, PR and Journalism majors.
About Carlton PR & Marketing
We’re the best-connected marketing and PR agency in the Boston startup community. We work with startups, small companies, and only the most innovative and interesting larger companies. We offer strategic marketing programs, PR, content creation and social media marketing but we find ourselves spending just as much time advising clients on their general business challenges and making introductions to the movers and shakers.
We also manage two startups of our own – these mission-driven companies make a real difference for local entrepreneurs (Innovation Nights) and professional women around the world (Innovation Women).
We’re also uniquely able to balance work and life. We’re all working from home these days using lots of tech tools to stay connected. (Ask about weekly Team Time.) And it’s a small tight-knit team – low drama and friendly.
Like learning new things? We have you covered. Every day is different and there’s a lot of opportunity to experiment and try new strategies. We’re looking for multi-talented team members. We want great writers and communicators, but you should also have good judgment, be able to juggle multiple demands on your time and understand marketing down to your core. Blog? Check? Social media? Events? PPC? SEO? Oh, yes, of course. Know when earned media is possible and when you need to pay for visibility. Go from managing a webinar to issuing a press release to posting on Instagram. Bonus points for comfort behind a lens (photography and videography) and a design sense.
You should have comfort with startups and the startup lifestyle. Treat their budget like your own money. Be interested in and knowledgeable about their (admittedly often) geeky but SUPER cool new products. Understand their stresses and fears. Be customer-service oriented.
You don’t need to do it all. We’re willing to teach the right people. Best fits are self-sufficient team players with experience and skills to teach us new stuff who are always looking to learn new things themselves.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and gender equity.
Interested? Talk to us. Send us a Tweet. Or email Bobbie @ carltonprmarketing dot com