We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Public Relations Director to join our team. In this leadership role, you will work with various clients and our own brands. You should be comfortable with all aspects of public relations but also with integrated marketing strategies.
The role includes media outreach, writing pitches and press releases; conceiving of and drafting by-lined articles, analyst relations, strategic advisory and consulting, and working with our marketing team to coordinate messages, timing and programs.
Our new public relations director will have the ability to provide strategic input on communications strategy and goals. You are a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about storytelling and the strategic points-of-view that differentiate a company.
You should have comfort with startups and the startup lifestyle. Treat their budget like your own money. Be interested in and knowledgeable about their admittedly sometimes geeky but SUPER cool new products. Understand their stresses and fears. Know how you can make a difference.
Public Relations Director Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead implementation of client communication strategies and tactics. Pitch news stories and features to the media. Manage incoming media inquiries for clients and our brands. Help clients craft strategic messages or responses.
- Help identify, establish, develop and nurture relationships with media, analysts and industry influencers.
- Understand strategic thought leadership programs and help implement them. Develop thought leadership vehicles and other materials.
- Establish executive visibility and speaking programs for company leaders and subject matter experts. Manage logistics for speaking opportunities, events, etc.
- Monitor key news/industry developments. Track and report on KPIs to team and clients.
- Train and manage junior team members
Desired Skills & Experience Required:
- 7+ years’ experience specifically in a PR or media relations role
- Knowledge of and experience with both traditional and new / social / digital media PR tactics.
- Comfort and confidence with reporters and analysts – be willing to pick up the phone and pitch stories.
- Experience with B2B, B2C and technology media and analyst relations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong team player with strong customer service skills
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent writing and writing samples are required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. We are deeply committed to diversity, inclusion and gender equity.
Interested? Learn more about us. Talk to us. Send us a Tweet. Or email Bobbie AT carltonprmarketing DOT com