Lioness for the Female Entrepreneur is an online publisher of news, trends and insights on female entrepreneurship around the globe. We’re seeking an entrepreneurial, sales -driven, business development executive to help us grow Lioness. In this role you will represent Lioness (and potentially some of our other brands) to agencies and relevant brands. You will work hand in hand with our marketing and content team to pitch integrated programs.
- Hit your quarterly revenue target goals
- Develop a robust local sales pipeline that meets and fulfills the revenue and margin targets
- Establish a deep understanding of our products
- Help us produce strategic solutions based on client briefs, and put together proposal responses
- Serve as liaison between clients and editorial to build comprehensive special programs
- 2-5 years’ experience in digital sales role
- Be able to identify top advertisers in our space and understand how to develop sales packages and solutions for these advertisers.
- Possess strong client management skills and be able to position Lioness effectively in the marketplace.
- Digital sales product knowledge: understand key digital ad performance metrics and products, CPM, retargeting, behavioral targeting, non-display products (content marketing, video, sponsorship), and client performance reporting requirements.
- Be able to work with our operations team to develop client reporting functions and performance metrics.
- Experience in selling branded content is a plus.
- Traditional client management and sales skills apply.
- Ability to collaborate with product and content teams: will need to work closely with the content and product team in the development of client-facing solutions, establish relationships with marketers and agencies and key contacts in the industry, and have a deep interest in mission-oriented media.
Lioness is part of the Innovation Women network. Our goal is to turn this network into a media powerhouse dedicated to empowering women through visibility. Bonus skills:
- Syndicated content
- Strategic alliances and partnering
- Media operations
We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. We are deeply committed to diversity, inclusion and gender equity.