We are looking for a strong Public Relations Associate to join our small but growing and tight-knit team. In this role, you will work with various clients and on behalf of our own brands. You should be comfortable with all aspects of public and media relations (ESPECIALLY MEDIA RELATIONS) but also interested in continuous learning and advancing your skills, especially when it comes to integrated marketing strategies.
The role includes media outreach, writing pitches and press releases; conceiving of and drafting by-lined articles, analyst relations, strategic advisory and consulting, and working with our marketing team to coordinate messages, timing and programs.
We’re seeking a proactive person with the ability to provide strategic input on communications strategy and goals. You are a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about storytelling and the strategic points-of-view that differentiate a company.
We want great writers and communicators, but you should also have good judgment, be able to juggle multiple demands on your time and understand PR & marketing down to your core. Know when earned media is possible and when you need to pay for visibility.
You should have comfort with startups and the startup lifestyle. Treat their budget like your own money. Be interested in and knowledgeable about their admittedly sometimes geeky but SUPER cool new products. Understand their stresses and fears.
- Develop and lead implementation of client communication strategies and tactics. Pitch news stories and features to the media. Manage incoming media inquiries for clients and our brands. Help clients craft strategic messaging or responses.
- Help identify, establish, develop and nurture relationships with media, analysts and industry influencers.
- Understand strategic thought leadership programs and help implement them. Develop thought leadership vehicles and other materials.
- Establish executive visibility and speaking programs for company leaders and subject matter experts. Manage logistics for speaking opportunities, events, etc.
- Monitor key news/industry developments. Track and report on KPIs to team and clients.
Desired Skills & Experience Required:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a PR role, specifically media relations.
- Knowledge of and experience with both traditional and new / social / digital media PR tactics.
- Comfort and confidence with reporters and analysts – be willing to pick up the phone and pitch stories. While we appreciate social media, we really need someone experienced in media relations.
- Comfort and experience in B2B and technology media relations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong team player with strong customer service skills
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent writing and writing samples are expected.
- Analyst relations experience is a bonus
We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. We are deeply committed to diversity, inclusion and gender equity.
Interested? Talk to us. Send us a Tweet. Or email Bobbie AT carltonprmarketing DOT com